Apologies for the long hiatus...
1. A saga was started in the year 1842 in Mount Road, Madras by a Portuguese piano tuner by name Misquith. Originally known as M/s Misquith & co., the store metamorphosed into the largest and oldest in South India when it broke the western adjunct and started retailing Indian and far eastern goods. What is the present name of this establishment ?
2. Who does the lyrics of this song refer to, outside of the context of the movie in which it appears. Explain.
The song gives an indirect eulogy reference to Ilaiyaraja, his mother's name is Chinnathayammal
3. He was Mani Ratnam's first choice for the lead role in his 'Bombay' who on his refusal settled for Arvind Swamy. However he played a major role in the movie behind the screens. Economic Times has ranked his company, No. 2 in the country in the field. He also runs a film school. Who is this multifaceted guy ?
5. Who acted, performed and composed music for this Cannes entry movie ?
Ustad Zakir Hussain
6. Identify the music composer of this song which is still a hot listener's choice on radio and light music concerts ?
or download direct : Qn6Audio
7. Born in London and came to prominence in early 2004 through file-sharing of 'Galang' and 'Sunshowers' on the Internet. Time magazine placed this person in the TIME 100 list of 'World's most influential people' for having 'global influence across many genres'. Who ?
MIA (Mathangi Arulprakasam)
8. Identify this fruit. Normally orange or red, but could be dark purple and also black in some species.
Rose hips (the fruit of rose flower)
9. Identify the speaker and what is he talking about ?
or download direct : Qn9Audio
Danny Boyle talking about his movie Trainspotting
10. It was created by Henry Luce and Briton Hadden in 1923 making it the first of its kind in the US of A. They first considered naming it 'Facts' but settled for this name. Whatizit ?
ARR born to music composer RK Shekar, initially worked for Musee Musicals and then for Ilaiyaraja as keyboardist. He also accompanied Ustad Zakir Hussain on his world tour. Rajeev Menon brought him to the world of ad jingles, he made his film score debut with Roja (Rose). Danny Boyle got him to compose for SM which got him 2 oscars, one of which he shared with Gulzar and a nomination with MIA and in 2009, Time magazine placed him in their list of 'World's 100 most influential people'.
Scores: (Check leader board for consolidated tally)
1. Radhika - 28 (Congrats !)